James Lavin Drapery was established in Market Street, Swinford by Jimmy and Kathleen Lavin on March 1st 1960.
Jimmy is a native of Ballymote, Co. Sligo. He came to town in 1947 where he served his time in Kennedys Drapers on Bridge Street.
It was there that he met his future wife Kathleen, nee Mc Nicholas of Gortnasella, Swinford.
Jimmy and Kathleen set up and ran a very busy and successful business for many years and in 2006 their son Tom and daughter in law Diane took over the helm. Diane nee Flannery, comes from not too far away, Carracastle, Charlestown.
Tom and Diane now run Lavins of Swinford, a still successful, family run business stocking Ladies, Mens, Childrens, Household, Blinds and an extensive Mayo GAA Department.
We offer best quality at an affordable price and a personal service both on line and in the shop.
Tom and Diane.